||This course covers the theory and environmental impact of voice, video and data converged networks. Topics covered in this course include review of the medium and equipment used to transport converged signals and the different transport protocols supporting convergence. Converged network design includes incorporating green technologies, calculating power consumption, configuring and troubleshooting converged networks.
- Analyze fiber, coax and copper medium used in convergence.
- Analyze analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog conversion for voice signals.
- Analyze analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog conversion for video signals.
- Anayze wireless network systems used in convergence.
- Analyze Gigabit Ethernet protocols.
- Evaluate transport protocols used for voice, video and data convergence.
- Design a voice, video and data converged network.
- Utilize Computer Aided Design to generate an electronic design for a converged network.
- Use voice, video and data convergence test equipment.
- Build a converged network.
- Troubleshoot a converged network.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with peers.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines