||This course covers the theory and environmental impact of voice, video
and data converged networks. Topics covered in this course include
review of the medium and equipment used to transport converged signals
and the different transport protocols supporting convergence. Converged
network design includes incorporating green technologies, calculating
power consumption and performing an on-site evaluation for an existing converged network system.
- Review different fiber, coax and copper medium used in convergence.
- Describe analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog conversion for voice.
- Describe analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog conversion for video.
- Research wireless network systems used in convergence.
- Research gigabit Ethernet protocols.
- Describe transport protocols used for voice, video and data.
- Design a voice, video and data converged network.
- Utilize computer-aided design to generate an electronic design for a converged network.
- Perform an on-site evaluation of a converged network.
- Demonstrate professional communication skills when communicating with peers and industry representatives.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines