||In this course the student will be introduced to applications and technologies developed to encode and decode digital video signals transported over converged networks. Video technology includes video formats, video conferencing applications, Internet Protocol television (IPTV) ecosystems, high definition television technology (HDTV), broadband television and video for personal device playback. The course will also review content protection practices.
- Research video over Internet Protocol (IP) protocols.
- Program a video encoder.
- Review quality standards for video transmission.
- Establish a video conferencing connection.
- Research Internet Protocol television (IPTV) technologies.
- Design a video over an Internet Protocol (IP) system.
- Draw a video over Internet Protocol (IP) system using an electronic drawing program.
- Examine broadband media connections.
- Program a video decoder.
- Present a video over Internet Protocol (IP) system design.
- Demonstrate professional communcations skills when communicating with peers and industry representatives.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines