||This course introduces the cardiovascular technology student to basic patient care principles. Students will learn basic intracardiac catheterization care including patient assessment, interpretation of laboratory values and diagnostic tests.
- Demonstrate assessment techniques.
- Interpret patient assessment data.
- Interpret laboratory data.
- Perform patient care procedures safely.
- Analyze electrocardiogram (EKG) data.
- Differentiate management of routine patients versus high risk patients.
- Identify measures to prevent sentinel events.
- Maintain patient safety in the simulation lab setting.
- Differentiate medical from surgical asepsis.
- Demonstrate medical asepsis as appropriate.
- Demonstrate surgical asepsis as appropriate.
- Demonstrate universal precautions and proper use of personal protective equipment.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines