||This course prepares students to participate in cardiovascular diagnostic and interventional procedures with adult patients. Students will differentiate cardiovascular complications and emergencies, prepare and position patients for various procedures, and set up and maintain sterile fields. Students will learn concepts related to hemodynamics including cardiac output, performance of hemodynamic calculations and recognition of blood flow determinants.
|| BIOL2260 AND BIOL2261 AND BIOL2267 AND BIOL2268 AND CVRI1100
|| CVRI1105 AND CVRI1110 AND CVRI1120
- Differentiate cardiovascular pathophysiological complications and emergencies.
- Prepare patient for diagnostic and interventional procedures.
- Perform sterile table and sterile field set-up.
- Prepare equipment and supplies required for diagnostic or interventional procedures.
- Position patient appropriately for diagnostic or interventional procedures.
- Explain pathophysiology, assessment and the treatment of cardiovascular diseases.
- Recognize hemodyamic changes and appropriate treatment.
- Explain cardiac output and blood flow determinants.
- Perform hemodynamic calculations
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines