||This course develops the student's awareness of basic pharmacological concepts, drug classifications, indications and contraindications, therapeutic effects, side effects, and other considerations related to use of medications. Students will learn dosage calculations.
- Identify considerations related to administering medications safely.
- Explain indications, contraindications, mechanisms of action, therapeutic uses, adverse reactions, dosages and interactions of different drug classifications, including contrast media.
- Summarize considerations related to pharmacotherapeutics, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics.
- Perform dosage calculations accurately.
- Accurately document medication administration.
- Identify routes of medication administration.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines