||This is a foundation course that provides in-depth instruction and practice in identifying the materials and their purposes and properties as they are used during chairside and laboratory procedures. Material manipulation is a critical requirement of the lab component of this course. Laboratory safety measures and infection control are emphasized.
- Demonstrate safe laboratory infection control practices.
- Describe physical properties of laboratory materials.
- Discuss prosthesis cleaning and polishing techniques.
- Demonstrate study model construction trimming and polishing.
- Manipulate bite registration materials and waxes.
- Demonstrate proper manipulation of dental impression materials.
- Describe dental restorative materials and procedures.
- Fabricate custom dental trays such as an athletic mouthguard, whitening/fluoride tray or thermoset tray.
- Describe properties and uses of dental cements.
- Describe metallic and porcelain restoration types and their properties and procedures.
- Discuss mercury properties, precautions and safe practices.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines