||In this capstone practicum course, students will apply knowledge and skills learned by functioning as a member of the dialysis team within the scope of a dialysis technician and under the supervision of a licensed nurse.
|| DIAT1100 AND DIAT1105 AND DIAT1110 AND Current American Heart Association Health Care Provider CPR. AND Current MN Department of Health background check indicates the student is able to provide direct patient care AND Current national background check indicates the student is able to provide direct patient care AND Current, required program immunizations
- Demonstrate dependable and professional behaviors.
- Assist the licensed nurse in data collection.
- Demonstrate professional communication with patients and members of the multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrate principles of asepsis and infection control.
- Demonstrate safe patient care within the scope of the dialysis technician.
- Utilize critical thinking and available resources to solve problems.
- Demonstrate efficient use of different dialysis treatment modalities.
- Document patient care correctly.
- Collaborate with members of the multidisciplinary team to provide safe patient care.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines