||This course provides an introduction to anatomy and physiology, an introduction to dental histology, embryology and an overview of head and neck anatomy using the universal charting system. This course is also designed to give the student a basic concept of microbiology, disease transmission and a survey of oral pathology and pharmacology. The student will also be introduced to the basic concepts of understanding nutrition in the dental profession.
- Recognize the body systems and body organizations.
- Identify human skull bones and tooth structures.
- Identify skeletal structure.
- Recognize head and neck arterial regions.
- Recognize temporomandibular joint functions.
- Review dental pharmacology.
- Recognize developmental disturbances.
- Identify pathogenic microorganisms.
- Recognize the nutritional needs associated with dentistry.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines