||This course covers the study of hard and soft tissues of the head and neck including the skeletal, muscular and nervous systems, with particular emphasis on the masticatory system.
|| Acceptance into the dental hygiene program
- Identify cranial and facial bones.
- Identify foramina and state which nerve passes through each one.
- List the muscles of facial expression, mastication, and the tongue.
- Identify cranial nerves and the muscles and structures each one innervates.
- List the chain of lymph drainage for all oral structures.
- Identify blood supply to the head and neck.
- Name the various parts of the temporal mandibular joint.
- Name the major salivary glands and their associated ducts.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines