||This course is a continuation of DNHY 1110 with continuing information on the fundamentals of dental hygiene, record keeping and basic instruction and care of special needs patients.
- Identify dentifrices used in dentistry and explain the appropriate use of oral self-care devices: toothbrushes and interdental cleaners.
- Discriminate among various chemotherapeutic agents and delivery systems to select the optimum intervention for individual patients.
- Explore the protocols for prevention and control of dental caries including fluoride and its uses in dentistry.
- Differentiate the care procedures for fixed and removable dental prostheses.
- Compare and contrast dental indices and scoring methods.
- Prepare and deliver two dental health presentations to area schools/preschools during February Dental Health Month.
- Classify instruments and principles for instrumentation and explain the objectives of instrument sharpening.
- Identify the components of health promotion and disease prevention.
- Describe the planning for dental hygiene care.
- Describe nonsurgical periodontal instrumentation and care procedures.
- Select the correct method for extrinsic stain removal.
- Determine basic dental care for the special needs patients.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines