||This course is an introduction to electrical systems. Students will learn how to use DVOMs and their applications. Students will study electrical theory including Ohm's law and its application to electrical systems. The course also introduces service procedures necessary to repair charging and starting system components. Electrical principles are applied to test and troubleshoot complete circuits as well as components of each. Fundamental rebuilding principles and system analysis are emphasized. Safe battery testing and service are performed.
- Demonstrate safety procedures.
- Utilize service publications.
- Analyze electrical theory.
- Recognize electrical symbols.
- Utilize electrical test equipment.
- Analyze electrical circuit diagrams.
- Identify starting system components.
- Identify charging system components.
- Analyze starting/charging system.
- Construct electrical circuits.
- Analyze electrical test equipment readings.
- Exhibit professionalism.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines