||This course is designed to give the student an understanding of the theory, operation, troubleshooting and repair of modern medium- and heavy-duty truck transmission, differential and driveline components. Areas of study include the operation, inspection, disassembly and assembly of various manufacturers including but not limited to Allison, Eaton, Meritor, Rockwell and Mack.
- Demonstrate safety procedures.
- Utilize service publications.
- Disassemble complete multi-countershaft transmission components.
- Analyze multi-countershaft transmission components and operation.
- Assemble multi-countershaft transmission components.
- Disassemble automatic transmission components.
- Analyze automatic transmission components operation.
- Assemble automatic transmission components.
- Analyze differential components and operation.
- Analyze transmission electronic controls and operation
- Troubleshoot transmission electronic controls.
- Analyze transmission air shift systems.
- Exhibit professionalism.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines