||This course is for students in their first semester of study in the English for Academic Purposes (EAP) cohort and enrolled in ENGL0097: Express English. The course will focus on helping students identify specific patterns of error in their writing and apply strategies for increasing sentence-level accuracy.
|| Course placement is determined by assessment
- Apply a writing process when producing essays in a variety of modes.
- Practice integrating and crediting sources in writing.
- Increase familiarity with word-processing programs to produce formatted documents.
- Rewrite sentences, paragraphs and essays for increased grammatical accuracy.
- Identify individual patterns of error and apply appropriate editing strategies.
- Employ metacognitive strategies for assessing individual growth in writing proficiency.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines