||This course is for students in their second semester of study in the English for Academic Purposes (EAP) cohort and enrolled in ENGL1101: College Writing. The course will continue student development of editing skills as well as build a strong foundation of research skills, including the critical analysis of sources. Students will write responses to sources: summarizing, paraphrasing and quoting materially responsibly.
- Locate sources to use for research purposes using a variety of search methods.
- Assess the value of sources for use in academic research projects.
- Choose appropriate methods of integrating sources into writing: summarizing, paraphrasing or quoting.
- Modify forms of support to strengthen arguments for specific audiences.
- Apply editing skills that enhance style and voice in writing as well as increase grammatical accuracy.
- Explain individual writing process, including choices in revising and editing multiple drafts of essays.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines