||This support course is for non-native speakers of English enrolled in ENGL1101: College Writing. Students will practice applying linguistic structures for integrating source material, identifying patterns of error and applying strategies for increasing sentence-level accuracy in their writing.
||successful completion of ELL1080, ENGL0097, or ENGL0096, or placement by assessment
- Choose appropriate methods for integrating source material into writings: generalizations, summaries, paraphrases and direct quotations.
- Apply collocated structures (i.e., structural templates) for integrating sources.
- Use a discipline-appropriate style guide to credit and document source material.
- Apply editing skills that enhance style and voice in writing.
- Increase grammatical accuracy.
- Work with peers to reinforce editing skills and processes.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines