||This course provides the student with the technical understanding and skill necessary to construct overhead high voltage structures. Topics include interpretation of industry specification manuals, identification of overhead hardware, construction techniques and tool use.
- Identify pole construction hardware.
- Demonstrate proper hand tool usage.
- Perform single phase structure construction.
- Perform two phase structure construction.
- Perform three phase structure construction.
- Demonstrate grounding of electrical structures
- Demonstrate guying of electrical structures.
- Demonstrate professional conduct.
- Install compression splicing connectors
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines