||This course covers the installation of multi-phase high voltage systems under actual field conditions. The overhead section will cover structure assembly including grounding, structural guying, conductor installation including stringing and tying, multi-phase transformer installation, capacitor installation, regulator installation, and the use of protective cover-up material and hot sticks. The underground section will cover multiple cable installation, primary and secondary cable termination, three-phase pad mount transformer installation and multi-phase sectionalizing cabinet installation.
- Construct two phase overhead construction project.
- Construct three phase overhead construction project.
- Design and install multi-phase overhead construction staking sheet and project.
- Demonstrate installation of protective cover up material.
- Install personal protective grounds.
- Participate in live line training project.
- Display professional conduct.
- Design three phase overhead capstone project
- Construct three phase overhead capstone project
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines