||In this course students will learn the basics of medication including safe administration, dosage calculation, drug actions and uses. Students will learn how to safely administer medications by mouth, injection and intravenous (IV) methods. Students also will learn how to start an IV.
- Calculate safe dosages accurately for infant, pediatric, adult and geriatric patients.
- Demonstrate safe and accurate administration of medication by mouth, injection and IV routes.
- Explain indications, contraindications, mechanisms of action, therapeutic uses, adverse reactions, dosages and interactions of different drug classifications.
- Demonstrate IV and intraosseous access techniques.
- Differentiate common IV fluids and their uses.
- Demonstrate safe and accurate IV fluid and medication administration.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines