||Meets MnTC Goal Area 1. This course provides students with additional opportunities to develop fluency through a process approach by continuing work with rewriting and revision. Students will read critically from a variety of genres as they continue to give attention to organization, syntax, usage, point-of-view and voice in their essays. Coursework will include argumentative writing and writing from sources.
- Employ syntax and usage appropriate to academic disciplines and the professional world.
- Understand/demonstrate the writing process through invention, organization, drafting, revision, editing and presentation.
- Locate, evaluate, and synthesize in a responsible manner material from diverse sources.
- Participate effectively in groups with emphasis on listening, critical and reflective thinking and responding.
- Construct logical and coherent arguments.
- Use authority, point-of-view, and individual voice and style in their writing.
- Select appropriate communication choices for specific audiences.
- Respond critically via discussion.
- Respond critically via writing.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines