||Meets MnTC Goal Area 1. This course builds on the foundations of College Writing and provides students with additional opportunities to develop fluency in their writing through a process approach. Students will read critically from a variety of literary genres, explore meaning through academic research and respond through discussion and writing.
- Define genres of literature.
- Identify the conventions of literary genres.
- Analyze literature from various perspectives.
- Exhibit an awareness of context when analyzing a text.
- Exhibit increased openness to literary inquiry.
- Formulate informed questions about literature.
- Draw inferences from multiple primary and secondary academic resources.
- Respond critically via discussion and writing.
- Establish a position and synthesize information from sources to support that position.
- Apply ethical standards when writing.
- Document sources according to the standards of a discipline.
- Refine drafting, revising and editing skills.
- Develop style and voice through writing.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines