||Meets MnTC Goal Area 1. This course builds on the foundations of College Writing and provides students with additional opportunities to develop and refine their writing through a process approach. Students will explore current issues by critically reading a variety of texts, conducting academic research and responding through discussion and writing.
- Demonstrate an awareness of current issues.
- Examine texts about current and contemporary life.
- Exhibit an awareness of context when analyzing a text.
- Explore current issues from multiple perspectives.
- Evaluate a variety of primary and secondary academic sources.
- Draw inferences from multiple academic sources.
- Respond critically via discussion and writing: reflections, observations, essays, articles and/or profiles.
- Establish a position and synthesize information from academic sources to support that position.
- Apply ethical principles when writing.
- Document sources according to the standards of a discipline.
- Refine drafting, revising and editing skills.
- Develop style and voice through writing.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines