||Meets MnTC Goal Area 1. This course provides instruction in writing and designing professional and technical documents, including print and non-print correspondence, descriptions, instructions, reports and proposals, along with promotional material. Analysis, critical thinking and synthesis of sources will be covered, along with the development of presentation skills. Coursework also includes a formally documented, multi-source professional project.
|| ENGL 1101 College Writing
- Write a multi-source research project.
- Analyze the writing in business and technical documents.
- Analyze document design.
- Evaluate the effectivness of documents.
- Design documents effectively.
- Persuade audiences through words, images and other media.
- Research current and relevant material for business and industry.
- Write technical documents.
- Correspond in a variety of venues.
- Analyze and develop various presentation methods, using print and non-print delivery systems.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines