||Meets MnTC Goal Areas 2, 6 and 10. This course will focus on responding to texts that inspire greater awareness of and appreciation for the environment and that explore environmental challenges. Students will gain experience with critical thinking and reading as they examine perspectives, explore attitudes and analyze current problems/solutions through discussions, writings and other activities.
- Analyze readings related to other species and to ourselves.
- Analyze readings related to place, economics, and ecology.
- Describe current environmental challenges.
- Articulate informed personal reactions to the readings.
- Respond critically in a written format.
- Respond critically in class or online discussions.
- Examine various perspectives and attitudes when considering environmental challenges.
- Evaluate current environmental problems and potential solutions.
- Synthesize information for use in papers, presentations, projects or other class activities.
|MnTC goal areas:
- 2. Critical Thinking
- 6. The Humanities and Fine Arts
- 10. People and the Environment
« back to course outlines