||Meets MnTC Goal Area 6. This course introduces students to the major myths of Greece and Rome. The course will cover myths, mythological and heroic figures, and how mythology influences culture and literature. The course may also include an introduction to other world mythologies (Norse, Celtic, Native American or others).
- Demonstrate an awareness of the scope and variety of myths within a historical period.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the historic and cultural context from which the myths originated.
- Articulate how mythology reflects the values of a society.
- Explain how mythology can influence art and literature.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how mythology can influence later cultures.
- Analyze literature that incorporates mythology.
- Write critical responses or essays on the role of mythology in literature.
- Articulate an informed personal response to the literature.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the various ways mythology can be interpreted.
|MnTC goal areas:
- 6. The Humanities and Fine Arts
« back to course outlines