||Building Information Modeling (BIM) is increasingly recognized as a best practice in construction, building design and related disciplines. BIM provides processes and technologies to improve productivity and efficiency in these industries. This course will provide the student an introduction to BIM concepts, terminology and application of best practices.
- Explain the benefits of Building Information Modeling (BIM).
- Define five levels of Level of Development (LOD).
- Describe the National BIM Standard.
- Create a BIM project analysis report.
- Define the purpose and goals of Construction Operations Building Information Exchange (COBIE).
- Create a BIM execution plan.
- Demonstrate PDF drawing editing with PDF editing software.
- Identify multiple modeling software utilized in BIM.
- Explain BIM application in manufacturing.
- Describe the multiple roles of a BIM manager.
- Create a BIM Exchange table.
- Explain the use of BIM in the building and manufacturing life cycle.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines