||This course covers the application of Windows software systems in coordination with AutoCAD software as well as general office equipment set-up and use.
- Produce originals and reproduce copies using large-format copy machines.
- Select and utilize appropriate technologies for computer-aided drafting (CAD) output including network plotters and printers.
- Demonstrate file management and file structure skills by maintaining files on various drives.
- Create estimation sheets using Excel software.
- Produce schedules in Excel and incorporate into CAD files.
- Modify CAD files for delivery and coordination.
- Capture images using a digital camera and incorporate into CAD.
- Modify images using computer software.
- Create a PowerPoint presentation and demonstrate effective presentation skills.
- Create email directories and exhibit proper email communication and etiquette.
- Prepare professional office documents in Word software.
- Create a professional cover letter, resume and references for a given job opening.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines