||This course is designed to explore the principles and practices of health and safety in an energy services-related construction environment. Topics covered in this course include personal protective equipment, safe work practices, hazardous materials, employee protection and regulations of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) and pertinent safety codes/standards.
- Describe OSHA's purpose.
- Demonstrate Personal Protective Equipment usage.
- Demonstrate proper body mechanics.
- Identify uses and limitations of various safety equipment.
- Describe required confined space operation procedures.
- Explain EPA hazardous materials identification principles.
- Demonstrate safe, healthful work behaviors.
- Review Safety in Transmission and Distribution Maintenance.
- Review safety in Substation and Switchyards.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines