||This course exposes students to business owners and practicing entrepreneurs currently managing ongoing entrepreneurial enterprises. The purpose of the course is to develop mentor relationships with successful practicing business owners and to gain first-hand experience about the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to be a successful entrepreneur. Students will submit reports throughout the semester addressing questions that integrate entrepreneurship and other business coursework with their work experience.
- Analyze the role of an entrepreneur in a small or new venture.
- Evaluate the benefits and challenges of starting and operating a business.
- Practice entrepreneurial, business and technical skills learned.
- Demonstrate responsibility, innovation and initiative in a business setting where the work demands are ambiguous and changing.
- Demonstrate effective listening and communication skills.
- Display professionalism.
- Perform quality work based on employer standards.
- Apply problem solving skills to the work environment.
- Develop professional relationship with business owner.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines