||The student will learn safety, grooming, handling, tack identification and its uses, tacking, showing techniques, correct body position and riding in western disciplines. A large emphasis will be on horse and rider body communication through balance and coordination.
- Demonstrate basic western horsemanship.
- Demonstrate basic reining maneuvers.
- Demonstrate basic collection.
- Explain safety factors associated with equine training.
- Demonstrate principles of safety.
- Demonstrate grooming techniques.
- Demonstrate showing techniques.
- Demonstrate body position in reference to western riding.
- Demonstrate horse and rider body communication.
- Explain tack and its use.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines