||Students will learn through demonstration how to work with an untrained young horse or an older horse to correct problems and maintain the horse. Training theories, safety, grooming, handling, tacking, identifying tack and its uses, artificial and natural aids and their uses, grooming and showing techniques will also be included.
- Demonstrate a basic training program.
- Demonstrate knowledge of training theories.
- Express effective communication with clients.
- Explain safety factors associated with equine training.
- Demonstrate principles of safety.
- Demonstrate grooming techniques.
- Demonstrate showing techniques.
- Demonstrate horse handling.
- Demonstrate various training aids.
- Explain tack and its uses.
- Demonstrate tacking of the horse.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines