||This course focuses on equine judging including conformation, breed characteristics and type and their importance in evaluation. Also covered are performance evaluation, criteria and scoring methods, as well as preparation and delivery of oral reasons.
- Demonstrate the ability to prepare and present oral reasons.
- Apply knowledge of equine anatomy and physiology.
- Demonstrate the ability to recognize equine form to function.
- Demonstrate the ability to recognize conformational characteristics on real horses as well as virtually, using existing web based evaluation technology.
- Perform basic judging and evaluating.
- Analyze differences between breeds and disciplines.
- Analyze proper judging protocol.
- Demonstrate scoring methods used in equine judging.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines