||This course covers the objectives of the Minnesota State Fire Chiefs Association (MSFCA) for certification as a Firefighter I and Firefighter II. The MSFCA objectives are based on the National Fire Protection Association's (NFPA) 1001: Standard for Fire Fighter Professional Qualifications. This will prepare the student to function at or above the minimum level of training for entry into a fire protection career field.
- Identify the history of the fire service and the advances in the profession.
- Operate in the Incident Command System (ICS).
- Recognize basic building construction concepts.
- Interpret key fire behavior terminology and utilize during fire situations.
- Interpret and apply rescue terminology during an emergency operation.
- Identify the different types of water distribution systems.
- Identify the different types of detection systems and their limitations/capabilities.
- Participate in Fire Education activity and demonstrate geared at the appropriate audience.
- Explain the proper procedures for conducting a fire scene investigation.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines