||This course will cover the basic technical rescue techniques required from National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1670, Standard on Operations and Training for Technical Search and Rescue Incidents.
- Identify and describe the uses of different rescue equipment used on incidents.
- Explain the Incident Command System required during technical rescue incidents.
- Demonstrate different search techniques and patient management.
- Participate in scenarios involving ropes systems and their safety features.
- Demonstrate the use of rope systems for both high angle and low angle incidents.
- Identify the hazards associated with water and ice rescue incidents.
- Describe the various equipment required for confined space and trench incidents.
- Identify Occupational Safety and Health Administration requirements to follow during confined space and trench incidents.
- Operate equipment and follow safety procedures during vehicle and machinery incidents.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines