||This course will cover basic fire inspection practices based on National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1031, Standards for Professional Qualifications for Fire Inspectors and Plan Examiner.
|| FIRE1100 AND FIRE1106 AND FIRE1108
- Prepare correspondence and reports related to fire inspections.
- Interpret national, state, and local codes related to fire safety.
- Perform fire inspections on new and existing structures.
- Identify the appropriate code books required for each type of inspection.
- Identify different occupancy types.
- Describe how to inspect the operations of fire detection systems in a structure.
- Identify and calculate water flow capacity of fire suppression systems.
- Identify corrective measures necessary to make a building compliant with code.
- Identify the human behavior factors during a fire incident.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines