||This course will cover basic building construction techniques. It will also address safety features of today's buildings in relation to firefighter safety, fire behavior and building behavior when subjected to fire conditions.
|| FIRE1100 AND FIRE1106 AND FIRE1108
- Identify the different types of building classifications.
- Identify the design features of a building.
- Identify the building systems, such as elevators, electrical, ventilation, and heating equipment which are affected by fire prevention and suppression measures.
- Explain the hazards and benefits of interior building finishes.
- Evaluate building construction features during pre-plan inspection tour.
- Explain the differences in the different roof designs and how they related to fire spread and firefighter safety.
- Design a fire safe building during exercises.
- Explain the safety features of the different materials used to construct buildings.
- Identify different buildings and the potential for collapse after fire conditions.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines