||This course provides fundamental knowledge relating to the field of fire prevention. Topics include history and philosophy of fire prevention; organization and operation of a fire prevention bureau; use and application of codes and standards; plans review; fire inspections; fire and life safety education; and fire investigation.
- Define the national fire problem and role of fire prevention.
- Identify and describe fire prevention organizations and associations.
- Define laws, rules, regulations, and codes and identify those relevant to fire prevention of the authority having jurisdiction.
- Identify trends and causes in the process of determining a solution to a fire problem.
- Define the functions of a fire prevention bureau.
- Describe inspection practices and procedures.
- Identify and describe the standards for professional qualifications for Fire Marshal, Plans Examiner, Fire Inspector, Fire and Life Safety Educator, and Fire Investigator.
- List professional development opportunities for fire prevention personnel.
- Describe the history and philosophy of fire prevention.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines