||This course covers the fundamental procedures used by mortgage lenders and support staff in providing loans to homeowners. The student will prepare real estate financing applications, appraisals, truth in lending forms, disclosure settlement statements, collateral releases and other supporting credit documentation. Topics include mortgage types, FHA/VA/conventional financing, second mortgages, loan documentation, title insurance, foreclosure and appraisals.
- Apply an understanding of current consumer protection regulations as they pertain to real estate loan transactions.
- Prepare all real estate loan documents from pre-qualifying loan application to loan closing.
- Evaluate consumer borrowing needs to effectively recommend loan products.
- Analyze consumer credit applications to determine trends and credit risks.
- Demonstrate knowledge of real estate laws and terminology used in real estate transactions.
- Demonstrate principles/standards which result in providing exceptional customer service, resulting in greater customer satisfaction.
- Effectively use real estate terminology in both written and verbal communication.
- Describe the secondary market in real estate lending and its effects on the loan process.
- Explain the different aspects of the real estate market and the market's impact on local communities.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines