||This is an Introductory course that prepares students for basic field utility work. The course includes safety procedures, equipment operations and maintenance.
- Operate vehicles commonly used in gas industry.
- Perform daily inspections.
- Demonstrate the use of personal protective equipment.
- Operate a backhoe and loader safely.
- Operate trenchers and plows safely.
- Operate horizontal directional drills (HDD) safely.
- Operate compressors safely.
- Demonstrate trench safety.
- Demonstrate spotter hand signals.
- Operate a vac truck.
- Perform confined space entry and rescue procedures.
- Perform operator qualifications used in the gas industry.
- Perform damage prevention protocols during excavation procedures.
- Demonstrate proper use of shoring.
- Demonstrate protection from underground hazards.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines