||This course provides practice in applied gas utilities tasks with a focus on installation. Students have theory and applied training with the installation of gas meters, valves, regulators and plastic pipe.
- Explain gas distribution systems.
- Demonstrate how to install plastic gas mains.
- Demonstrate the proper installation for polyethylene (PE) gas service.
- Demonstrate the installation of meters and regulators.
- Demonstrate the installation of gas valves.
- Complete and explain gas valve maintenance.
- Complete a gas leak investigation.
- Maintain a gas system by making emergency repairs.
- Demonstrate how to use a gas mapping system.
- Explain the importance of record keeping within the gas industry.
- Identify leak surveys for systems uprates.
- Explain why and how you would uprate a gas system.
- Explain and demonstrate the abandoning of mains and services.
- Prepare site for traffic and worker protection.
- Perform pipe burial.
- Join plastic pipes with heat fusion using saddle fusion process.
- Describe and demonstrate plastic pipe fusion.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines