||This course provides practice in gas utility tasks with a focus on gas mains. The students have theory and applied training with the installation and repair of steel gas mains and services, line testing and leak detection procedures,
- Illustrate steel gas main distribution systems.
- Assemble steel pipe according to manufacturer's specification.
- Demonstrate welding steel pipe.
- Apply relevant technologies in the protection of steel systems from corrosion.
- Describe gate and regulation stations.
- Describe housepiping codes.
- Demonstrate the installation of gas housepiping.
- Describe the propane gas industry.
- Recognize types of propane containers.
- Recognize and demonstrate the differences between propane and natural gas installations.
- Explain and model good customer service.
- Demostrate joining plastic pipes mechanically.
- Examine corrosion protection for steel mains.
- Outline tapping and stopping steel gas mains.
- Outline natural gas fire control.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines