||This course provides the student with the skills necessary for the installation, maintenance and repair of residential electric/gas appliances.
- Recognize electrical sources and construct circuits commonly found in gas appliances.
- Utilize safe practices while working with electricity.
- Demonstrate the correct use of electrical test equipment.
- Interpret the reading of electrical wiring diagrams.
- Utilize safe practices while working with natural gas or propane.
- Demonstrate the correct use of gas test equipment.
- Perform troubleshooting applications for gas and electric appliances.
- Outline the sequence of operation when working on electric or gas appliances.
- Demonstrate the ability to read electrical wiring diagrams.
- Assess gas/electrical control functions.
- Test ignition systems on gas appliances.
- Perform troubleshooting applications.
- Explain how gas water heaters operate and different gas (natural or propane) types.
- Explain types of gas ranges, ignition types and controls.
- Explain and demonstrate conventional gas furnaces.
- Explore and compare ventilation air for combustion of appliances.
- Compare high-efficiency gas furnaces.
- Describe and compare other gas applicances including residential and commercial.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines