||As the second of three layout courses in a series, students will expand upon their basic design knowledge by learning advanced methods of style, typography, layout grids, identity development and branding. Increasingly complex projects will require students to employ more sophisticated methods of research, concept development, design strategy and assessment. Students will create a variety of projects in Adobe software.
- Employ the elements and principles of design in multiple projects.
- Demonstrate creative problem-solving, brainstorming and thumbnailing techniques.
- Analyze and apply design specifications from production companies and clients.
- Recognize and apply advanced typography techniques.
- Develop and implement multiple layout grids.
- Define and create a visual identity system.
- Identify branding philosophies and techniques.
- Apply layout skills to single- and multiple-page documents using Adobe software.
- Present and defend design projects to the class using industry vocabulary and rationale.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines