||This course provides foundational theory on print process as well as printing terminology. Focus is on theory and not on application of technology, using books, lectures and industry tours, if available.
- Define offset, screen print and digital print process.
- Describe Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black process printing, spot color and tints.
- Describe separations and registration.
- Define Lines Per Inch, Dots Per Inch and Pixels Per Inch
- Describe dot gain and trapping.
- Describe various printing substrates.
- Participate in tours of printing industry facilities.
- Describe print manufacturing stages.
- Recognize print output devices and bindery methods.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines