||This course builds upon the skills and knowledge acquired in the Adobe InDesign I course. More advanced tools and techniques will be taught, and students will again be designing a variety of industry-related graphic design projects to demonstrate their skills and design knowledge. Assignments will include both print and interactive projects, and students will be taught how to independently construct and output these projects to industry standards.
- Apply prior design and Adobe InDesign knowledge in a variety of design projects.
- Identify and implement advanced project specifications for diverse projects.
- Demonstrate prior knowledge and troubleshooting skills while implementing appropriate file construction and output methods.
- Learn and apply advanced type formatting methods.
- Learn and apply advanced color creation and management methods.
- Create consistent design elements using advanced styles and master pages.
- Understand and apply advanced publication methods to manage multiple-page documents.
- Incorporate interactive elements and learn how to output them appropriately.
- Identify basic preflight terms and problem solve common preflight issues.
- Employ acquired design knowledge to create and defend design projects.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines