||Students will produce design projects with content and media of their particular interest. Work will be completed on a contractual basis between the student and instructor. Additional projects and activities will be assigned to gain experience in industry and client processes. Specific emphasis will be placed on refining skills and producing professional-level projects for student portfolios.
- Produce a thorough portfolio inventory and evaluation.
- Prepare comprehensive design contracts with both the instructor and client(s).
- Produce professional-level portfolio samples.
- Create and present design projects based on direction and constraints provided by a client(s).
- Conduct effective and self-directed client communication.
- Exhibit organization, efficiency and professionalism in self-directed projects.
- Participate in and reflect on industry-related class activities.
- Complete a portfolio presentation, providing articulate discussions on each piece.
- Defend design projects to the class using industry terminology and rationale.
- Critically analyze other students' work and communicate analyses during class critiques.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines