||Students will learn in-depth technical skills necessary for page layout design. A variety of design projects will be assigned that will teach students to effectively incorporate type and imagery in single- and multiple-page documents. These projects will involve simple to complex tasks that will reinforce students' basic design skills.
- Demonstrate proficiency with tools, panels and menu commands in Adobe InDesign.
- Identify and apply type formatting methods.
- Identify and apply image functions for both raster and vector files.
- Construct and manage multiple-page documents with advanced text specifications.
- Create and administer consistent design features using styles and master pages.
- Define and apply table features.
- Identify and incorporate interactive elements.
- Demonstrate proficiency in outputting files for both print and Web applications.
- Understand and practice efficient file construction.
- Employ acquired design skills to create and defend design projects.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines