||In this course, students will apply branding, advertising and graphic design principles to build integrated campaigns. These campaigns will require students to employ a variety of media such as print, digital, social media, wearable, out-of-home and some non-traditional applications. Students will learn preparatory research and basic marketing planning to lay the groundwork for their projects.
- Identify current advertising and marketing principles, applications and methodologies.
- Perform research related to product, target market and competition.
- Create basic strategic marketing plans based on independent research and client objectives.
- Design integrated campaigns that employ multiple media and technologies.
- Apply previous knowledge of design principles, branding, campaigns and conceptualizing.
- Identify and apply production specifications for a variety of applications.
- Evaluate and apply basic copywriting approaches for use in design applications.
- Identify a brand's voice and core design elements and learn how to apply them consistently.
- Present and defend projects using industry-level vocabulary and rationale.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines