||Students will create and analyze electronic files to identify and resolve potential conflicts that may arise in different production processes. A variety of design projects will be produced using Adobe applications, with an emphasis on file construction and production preparation.
- Define and apply proper industry production terminology.
- Identify production specifications for bid requests and orders.
- Specify paper and other substrates using correct terminology.
- Define different file formats and their appropriateness for various applications.
- Identify and resolve font issues within a font management system.
- Distinguish between and create spot and process colors for printing in multiple applications.
- Recognize and correct both raster and vector image conflicts.
- Learn and apply methods of image background removal.
- Demonstrate proficiency in outputting files for both print and web applications.
- Employ digital preflight tools to determine whether a document is production-ready.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines