||Meets MnTC Goal Areas 5 and 8. Students will gain an understanding and appreciation of the spatial relationship of the physical and human elements of our world with an emphasis on the interdependence of nations and peoples. Geography describes the earth's environments and gives character to places through words, maps and graphics, and this course will explore these elements and their contributions to the diversity of world geographics. Students will become aware of how the world and the earth's people interact in local regions and in patterns around the globe.
- Analyze the human and physical relationships of each of the regional locations in the world.
- Describe global nation states.
- Explain the distribution of major world religions.
- Identify the locations of world languages.
- Analyze the use and value of maps.
- Describe the places and regions in a changing world.
- Describe the variations of world climate patterns.
- Describe landforms and landscapes of the world.
- Assess core regions of the world.
- Discuss globalization and the future of regions.
|MnTC goal areas:
« back to course outlines